У участников программы должен быть интерес к радиационной биологии, физике, инженерии.
Подача заявки до 12 февраля 2017 г.
2017 NASA Space Radiation Summer School
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Central Time
The NASA Space Radiation Summer School ("NSRSS") is designed for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with an interest in the radiation sciences (biology, physics, and engineering). Faculty can be considered as auditors under special circumstances. Both foreign nationals and U.S. citizens may apply to the program. All selected students must satisfy Brookhaven National Laboratory safety and security requirements in order to be admitted. In addition, due to the intense nature of the three-week course, selected students must possess oral and written proficiency in the English language.
Foreign nationals interested in applying for the NSRSS should review the visa information and requirements for temporary entrance into the United States.(Adobe PDF viewer required)
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Oral and written proficiency in English required due to intense course content.
- Selected applicants located outside the United States must confirm their ability to provide for travel to/from the U.S.
Obtain the following four supporting documents, which are required to complete the online application process:
Current Curriculum Vitae
Your curriculum vitae should contain your contact information and your educational and academic background (including any degrees held and current university enrollment, if applicable) as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations, grants or fellowships, professional associations, and licenses. Be certain to provide your correct e-mail address, as this will be the primary mode of communication with all applicants.
Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be provided on institutional/business letterhead with the contact information and signature of the recommending person. Letters without a handwritten or electronic signature will not be accepted. At least one of the recommendation letters should include details regarding the applicant’s level of proficiency in the English language. Letters should be sent to Katy Buckaloo at email@example.com or uploaded via the online application process.
Statement of Intent(maximum 300 words)
The Statement of Intent should clearly explain what goals you hope to achieve by attending the NASA Space Radiation Summer School and how the school would complement your specific research interests. The maximum length is 300 words.
- Current Curriculum Vitae
Complete the Online Application Process:
- All four supporting documents must be uploaded during the online application process. These documents will be accepted in Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word document format. Please format the documents for an 8½” x 11” page. NOTE: You should obtain the necessary supporting documents prior to accessing the online application form.
- Be sure to attach and upload the correct files from your computer. Once an application form is submitted with four attached files, no document substitutions are accepted by the online application system.
- Only COMPLETE APPLICATIONS submitted through the online application process before the posted deadline of 11:59 p.m. U.S. Central Time on Sunday, February 12, 2017 will be considered. Hard copy/paper applications will not be considered.
After you have obtained the required supporting documents, you may begin the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, contact Katy Buckaloo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-978-9542.